Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Middle Aged Sexcapades

I can't believe I'm actually middle aged. 38 to be exact, and I suppose that's middle aged. Or maybe not, what with how long people are living these days. Maybe middle age is really around 50. Wait, let me check Wikipedia. Eh, shit. The Census defines it as 35, Collins Dictionary as 40 and Oxford English Dictionary as 45. Erik Erikson says 40. So the average of that: 40. Okay, I'm not there yet. Close, but no cigar.

Things with Guy #1 are going really well. We survived Thanksgiving, to which his ex-wife did not show up, and I think next year maybe I just want to stay at home and eat country ham and broccoli casserole. I won't have my kids next Thanksgiving, so it won't matter if I do that. We'll see.

I took my children to see Santa this past weekend, and my mother went with us, since that's my normal routine. I had planned on The Ex NOT being there, since he bitched about Santa every year since my older daughter was born, but my older daughter insisted on calling him on the way to see Santa and then insisting to him that he come. To his credit, he did manage to extricate himself from World of Warcraft and get his ass in to see Santa, and didn't bitch about it much. Maybe his third marriage is agreeing with him.

My mother got to my house a little early and we were sitting pretty much hip-to-hip on the sofa, trying to figure out her fancy schmancy new iPhone, being that she upgraded from a tracfone to an iPhone with nothing in between (who the fuck does that?) when my phone buzzed. As a prequel to this whole story, Guy #1 and I had been indecently texting each other all day, well, because we can. It's my phone and if I want to text dirty, I can do just that.

Anyway, my phone rang.

I see it's Guy #1 calling.

I answered, "Hello?" even though I knew it was him, because my mother and children were in the room.

Keep in mind my mother and I were still sitting hip-to-hip at this point, thus causing the proximity of her head to my head to be about six to eight inches apart being that we were looking at her phone together.

Guy #1 says, with no greeting, "I wish you were bouncing up and down on my cock right now."

I was silent.

I did not move a muscle in my body as I cut my eyes over to my mother and wondered if she had heard that, since her ear was only a few inches away from my phone that I then desperately tried to press into my inner  ear.

That five seconds of silence between the three of us, Guy #1, my mother and I was deafening.

And then my mother snorted, and I think just a teensy bit of soup that she had been eating right when Guy #1 made his proclamation shot out of her nose. She got up and stumbled into the kitchen and I heard a chair scrape back from the table.

Oh. My. God. She heard that.

I whispered to Guy #1, "My mother is HERE!"

He says, "So?"

I said, "She heard THAT!"

Of course Guy #1 didn't believe me, and the peals of laughter coming from my kitchen didn't convince him. I was somewhere between laughing and crying at this point, because that's pretty embarrassing. Mothers are not supposed to know that stuff. Although, I'm pretty sure she's come to the conclusion that after a year of dating, he and I have consummated the relationship. But still, that's not a point of discussion between my mother and I because I am 38 and don't need sex advice from her. That's what I have girlfriends for.

Guy #1 continued to insist that my mother did not hear him say that. I finally had to hold the phone out and yell at my mother in the kitchen, "Hey, did you hear that?" To which more laughter came. I put the phone back up to my ear and said, "SEE?!?!? She heard you!"

And then it got worse. My mother yelled back, "It brings back memories!"

Oh. My. God.

Who knew that in one split second one of my eardrums could burst and I could throw up in my mouth, all at the same time? It's amazing what the human body can do, that's for sure.

With that, Guy #1 was silent. He said, "Did she really hear me?"

I whispered, "Yeah, she heard you."

Guy #1 said, "Oh my god, why would you have your phone on speaker?"

I said, "It wasn't on SPEAKER, you damn fool. We were sitting right next to each other."

Guy #1 argued back, "I wasn't that loud!"

I said, "You know I've got bad ears and I have to keep the volume all the way up!"

He said, "What's wrong with your ears?"

Holy shit. And that's when it struck me. Bad ears, bad eyes, bad back. I'm getting old. Helloooooo, middle age. I didn't think the realization would hit me like this.

Some days are just like that, I suppose.

4 comments:

Barksdale said...

I don't think I have laughed this hard in ages!!!

Craig said...

Ok I am almost sure guy # 1 really wishes he does not have to see your mom til ohhhhhh around 2014 and I am sure he is thinking that maybe you need to go to your local Beltone hearing center and get that shit checked!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think guy #1 needs a code word like lets say..."chicken", just saying. But then again we are middle aged which means by now we are damn good at what we do and have the joys of our kids doing this to us, unless you are me in which case it has already happened.

eksh said...

There's just so many comments on this zipping around in my head, it's hard to choose which one(s) to send! First, you should thank your lucky stars it was your mother and not mine, or there would be no laughter involved. Second, I am on the floor laughing imagining first your face, then Guy#1's next time he sees your mother. Third, that'll teach him not to just blurt out something potentially embarrassing. The only thing worse would have been if your mom had answered your phone!

Still chuckling over how life just likes to hand us a little slap every now and then. Thanks for sharing.