Sunday, April 3, 2011

More Sick

Holy god, can I go for just one month without someone getting sick? Literally. Just one freaking month. I sent the children over to my mother's house last night so I could get up and go to work this morning for several hours. I got delayed by Guy #1 this morning and finally rolled downtown around noon-ish. And guess the fuck what? I didn't have my keys to get in the goddamn building. Can you say annoyed? Guy #1 said this was my sign that I wasn't supposed to be at work today anyway, and that I was supposed to be with him.

Made it happen. And then my mother called. The older daughter is complaining about pain in her leg, running a fever and has been sleeping for the last three hours. Huh? She just had the flu three freaking weeks ago. How is this happening again? The pain in the leg made me suspicious, and what with me having just a little tiny bit of hypochondria running through my veins, I have already determined that she needs a full body MRI to rule out... cancer. Because everything is cancer or the beginnings of it when your father dies from Stage IV cancer three and a half weeks after receiving the initial diagnosis. The only trick here is figuring out how to manipulate the pediatrician into ordering this without them first trying to have me committed for Munchhausen's. I really think the medical system should work for me, and that would mean that the doctors just write out the orders for the tests I want done. There's a way to make this happen, but it takes a lot of time and research. I know this because my younger daughter started laser surgeries with a pediatric plastic surgeon specializing in cranio-facial abnormalities when she was two and a half months old. ME making the medical system work for ME. And yeah, the younger daughter did actually need the surgeries.

So I guess I'll be out of work AGAIN tomorrow, which really pisses me off especially since I was at work today and couldn't get into the freaking building. I'm going to have to get a doctor's note for this one because there is no way my boss is going to believe me when I call in in the morning and tell her that I need to be out yet again. I suppose that I need to get the children to actually start taking those vitamins, though I'm a larger proponent of just letting their little immune systems try to fight most of this stuff off, because it's my largely ignorant opinion that that's how we will ultimately live stronger. And hopefully living stronger will lead to longer and better. Who knows? I just want to go a month without having to worry about a sick child and worry about having to call in again. Or at least save the sickness for when they are with their father so he can figure this shit out. Truly, though, I don't want them to get sick when they are with him because he's such a child he always calls me to tell him what to do. I just hope that whatever she's got I don't get again. I can't be that sick again for at least another decade.

No comments: