Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random iPod Selection #2

"Let's Stay Together" - Al Green. Oh, God. Why is this on my iPod? Obviously not the song for someone who has initiated a seperation and subsequent divorce in the past year to listen to.  Seriously, though, I love Al Green. I love the horns on this song, I love the gospel sounding chorus, I love the smooth-ass beat, I love what he does with his voice. I love that he wants to be some woman's knight in shining armor. I love that he can sing this song without sounding creepy and possessive, but more like one of those great conversations you have when you've had a little bit too much wine and you're laying around in the living room and everything looks good and feels good.

I might have that one day. I don't know if I ever had it during my marriage, because so much was about manipulation and ulterior motives and oneupsmanship and other dysfunctional shit. Moving past it, moving past it. Next time around, I really will listen to my gut feeling and won't set out to fix stuff, like so many women like to do because we're fixers. I really don't want to fix stuff and I don't want to force what doesn't feel right. Life is all about what we learn along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

permission slip lmFAo