Saturday, October 2, 2010

More Cheerleading

More cheerleading. Imagine that. I am so over this whole cheerleading thing it's not even funny. Another game tonight, homecoming this time. But we're halfway through this shit, and I have GOT to put together a dance routine pronto for the exhibition coming up at the end of the month. The good news is that our entire thing can't go longer than two minutes, including cheers, so the dance routine only has to be maybe 45 seconds-ish long or so. And we won't be doing it to a Justin Beiber song, because I'll end up killing myself.  I have a couple of little girls on my team that I wouldn't mind if they just quit. One little girl is the daughter of the other coach, and she refuses to cheer. She does half of the motions, and none of the words. I mean, I know she's only five, but damn. At least mouth the words. The other little girl is doing cheerleading because her mom is forcing her to, which makes me want to throttle her mom. She comes to only half of the practices, because mom has other stuff to do, apparently, and when the child does come to the practices, she can't pay attention or even act interested. I want to tell her mom, just don't bring her back. If you need to live vicariously through your daughter, we can have her declared a free agent and she can move on to another team.

The children had quite the crowd tonight to watch them - my mother, stepfather, future ex-laws (which feels really good), a cousin on The Ex's side and my uncle and his dog. My uncle can't go anywhere without that dog. I'm not sure how he manages during the day when he's at work. I didn't know he was coming, so I was a little surprised when he showed up. But then, midway through my younger daughter's routine, I guess he left, because I didn't see him anymore. My older daughter got all distracted and upset during her thing, because she kept looking for him and the dog, and they were just gone. Thanks for that. Then I had to deal with a child who was upset and disappointed that he couldn't even stick around for the whole deal. I'm so annoyed about that I'm thinking about not even acknowledging to him that he was even there on his facebook.

My younger daughter's team got routed. 33 to zilch. These kids can't score it their life depends on it. What the fuck are those coaches doing? Those kids practice four nights a week, too. The older daughter's team lost too, but not quite as badly. Twenty-something to nothing. I can be a little more forgivable to that team, because they at least have a couple of hot coaches for me to ogle.

I'm over it. Can we just get this over with? I need to come home at least three or four nights in a row, not stuff Dinnerables down my children's throats, go rushing off to cheerleading practice, come rushing home for homework and bedtime, and then get up and do it all over again the next night. I need to not have to do a dance routine, I need to not have to worry about uniforms and parents who don't get that they need to chip in their time with the youth association at the concession stand, I need to not deal with children who don't want to do this. Ready. For. This. To. Be. Over.

No comments: