Thursday, September 2, 2010

Labels

This will be quick because I've got to run out in a few minutes to take my older daughter to her second grade open house, and then I've got to run back home and do nothing before I run the cat to the vet to see if I can get him put down. I might write more about the whole kindergarten orientation and second grade open house later, and I might or might not discuss the cat. He and I have been together for 18 years, and my god, nothing can boot your pets right down the ladder of your life like children can. Especially since we don't have the option of putting our kids down, even when they pour your last 20 ounce Coca-Cola all over your brand new hand-me-down cream colored sofa. That was an ugly day years ago, because that sofa was FUCKED UP and I was out of Coke.

I finally figured out what these label things on each blog post are for. I couldn't figure it out for most of August. But I got that shit now, so watch out. I'm a labeling bitch. I won't mention that I feel like the biggest dumbass in the world for having taken almost three weeks to figure this shit out. When I feel like a real luddite, I try to remember that my English classes in high school all involved at least one trip to the local college library to learn about the Dewey Decimal System, which no one really cared about. The boys  wanted to know where the sports section was and the girls wanted to know where the hot college guys hung out. I don't know if they even use the Dewey Decimal System anymore. They shouldn't, because it was stupid then and I could probably find a better way to catalog what's in the library. Oh, wait, that's called a computer. An old ass computer that is run on DOS on a black screen with halfway bright blinking green letters. Anyways, I like to pretend that kids are so advanced these days that they are learning how to do web design in fifth grade and so that's what makes me feel like dumbass when I don't know what labels are for. But like I said, I got that shit now.

No comments: